Monday, August 8, 2011

Our little, but growing one month old

Shiloh, you turned one month old this past Friday!
After you hit the four week mark, I decided that I should try to dab a bit in "normal" life with a babe, so I started eating vegetables again and we started you on cloth diapers. Mommy really had to adjust to the look of the cloth diaper-very poofy! At first I thought they made you look like a teletubby and I felt like a bad person for inflicting such embarrassment on you without you even knowing it was happening. (I hope you never have to know what a teletubby is) However, the next day my eyesight adjusted and I am used to them now. It is kind of like when we move our furniture around-I think the adjustment looks horrible, but after 24 hours it looks fantastic. I think I was more concerned about what others would think about the way they looked, which is never a good basis for any decision. Fact of the matter is, you look plain cute in them!
One thing I like about life with you Shiloh is that you make me slow down. I'm still a "busy" person at heart, but it is nice to have you to remind me to slow down. I don't want to miss moments with you because I am "busy", so I don't. We sit together, lay together, nap together, nurse together (well, you nurse and I read:) We don't do too much I suppose, but I know that will be changing quickly in the coming months.
Speaking of changes, there are some things you are doing that I should celebrate, but I must admit I have some sadness attached to these milestones. You are sleeping more at night and you are getting more head control. Why would these make me sad? Only because it means you are creeping your way out of newborn stage. You are growing so fast-I have even wondered if you have an overactive pituitary gland or something:)
 One month old!

 Shiloh with her new friend Uncle Stingray, compliments of John Quang Lam

 Crazy haired girl about to get her first massage
 JC let Shiloh borrow her aviators during our roadtrip to Kansas

7 comments:

  1. Oh, she is so cute!!!! Love the pics. Can't believe how much she has grown since last Monday !!!! Really love the smiling pic :) The sunglass pic reminds me of the one with you in the sunglasses and sporty items :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow who is that precious little girl!!!! And what wonderful writings!! The lady who is writing this blog is so intelligent, beautiful and witty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweetheart. shiloh, you are so adorable! courtney-love you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet! shiloh will definitely thank her mommy some day!
    love reading this, courtney! hugs from aunt catherine :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiloh, I loved meeting you!! You are absolutely precious!! You are beautiful!! (You have some pretty awesome parents too!!! Especially your mama!! I love that lady;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shiloh.....my how you're growing! Your smile is worth a thousand words...."keep smilin".
    Courtney.....enjoying the blog, thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete